From Press Release:
In addition to the new DLC, Kalypso has also released the Christmas update (version 1.11) for Railway Empire, adding seasonal Christmas decorations, the new ‘Dallas’ challenge and a series of tweaks and improvements to the game’s Challenge Mode – all completely free of charge as part of Kalypso’s ongoing ‘games as a service’ post-release support.
The new DLC includes:
- New scenario: Hibernation (1853-1870)
- Map expansion: ‘Northern Europe’ (available in Free Game and Sandbox modes)
- 3 historical engines: Odin (2-2-2), Prins August (2-4-0) and SJB II (4-6-0)
- 10 new tradeable goods (e.g. crisp bread and brown cheese) and 30 new cities
- ‘Concession’ feature: The map is divided into sections. Buy concessions to gain access to new building grounds (also available on the full North American map)
- Snow: Enhanced weather system for all northern regions in the game
- New regional soundtrack
The Northern Europe DLC for Railway Empire is available now on all platforms. For more information, please visit www.kalypsomedia.com.