From Press Release:
Victoria, British Columbia – May 13, 2020 – Today Metalhead Software launches the highly-anticipated baseball game Super Mega Baseball 3 on Nintendo Switch™, Xbox One, PlayStation®4, and Steam for $44.99 USD at 9 a.m. PDT. Super Mega Baseball 3 offers the deepest on-field simulation yet and vastly refined graphics in the comprehensive online and offline game modes, including a brand new Franchise mode as well as cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
Super Mega Baseball 3‘s free demo and trial versions will be available on launch day on all platforms, allowing users to play an unlimited number of games in the competitive online Pennant Race mode, plus more.
“Super Mega Baseball 3 is a deeper and more refined game across the board compared to its predecessors, and we are stoked to get it into the hands of the community and get some feedback,” said Metalhead co-founder Scott Drader. “Franchise mode opens up a whole new avenue for an immersive and emergent gameplay experience, and the Custom Pennant Race mode we’re pushing out in the summer is going to be a game changer for the way the game is played online and the online communities surrounding the game.”
Metalhead Software has previously announced two features coming in free post-launch updates. The SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3, coming at launch or soon after on all platforms. Custom Pennant Race builds upon the existing Pennant Race mode by allowing players to organize a private cross-platform Pennant Race and invite their friends to participate (up to 32 total players), coming in early Summer 2020.
New Features Available in Super Mega Baseball 3 include:
- Challenge your hand-eye coordination or relax and hit dingers with fluid gameplay that scales seamlessly from novice to beyond-expert levels of difficulty.
- Apply and refine your baseball instincts with a sophisticated baseball simulation featuring new pickoff and stealing mechanics, wild pitches/passed balls, designated hitters, and situational player traits.
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents.
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends.
- An SMB2 Team Import tool will allow users to import their custom rosters from SMB2 to use in SMB3. This feature will come in an update soon after launch.
- A Custom Pennant Race mode that allows players to organize a private Pennant Race and invite their friends to participate in it, regardless of platform.