From Press Release:
SPOKANE, Washington, September 16th, 2020 – Cyan, the indie studio that created beloved classics Myst and Riven, has reimagined Myst and created the version fans have been asking for since Unreal Engine and VR went mainstream. It’s Myst – in a whole new dimension!
This definitive version is built from the ground up to play in either VR or flatscreen PC, and will be released first as a VR-Only title on the Oculus Quest Platform, with the PC version – including 2D and support for additional VR hardware – to follow at a later date.
“We’ve been waiting for the stars to align to create a VR version of Myst – and I’m so excited to announce that alignment! Myst has always been about creating a world to lose yourself in, and VR takes the Myst experience to an entirely new level. It’s an almost magical experience for me, after so many years, to wander around the Ages of Myst and truly feel transported! We hope it will be for you, too.”
– Rand Miller, CEO
Myst made its debut in 1993 to critical and popular acclaim and went on to become the best-selling PC game of the 20th century.
Visit the starkly beautiful Myst island, eerily tinged with mystery and shrouded in intrigue. Explore the deeper connections and uncover a story of ruthless family betrayal.
Including new art, sound, interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization, the highly anticipated modern, definitive Myst experience has finally arrived!
Like never before you can now be a part of the surrealistic adventure that will become your world!
Details of this release:
- The Quest Platform version of Myst (VR only) will be released first.
- The PC version (2D & support for additional VR hardware) to follow at a later date.
- Myst will release to additional platforms following the Quest Platform & PC releases.
- Myst is fully redesigned and created from the ground up using Unreal Engine.
- Many of the puzzles have been reimagined and engineered to include optional puzzle randomization and enhanced accessibility.
- Myst will initially be available for $29.99 USD on Quest Platform.
Oculus Product Detail Page: https://www.oculus.com/
Steam Wishlist Page: https://store.steampowered.
GOG Wishlist Page: https://www.gog.com/game/myst