From Press Release:
SPOKANE, Washington, August 17th, 2021
Cyan, the indie studio that created beloved classics Myst and Riven, has reimagined Myst. This definitive version has been built from the ground up to play in either VR or flatscreen PC, and the PC version, MacOS version, and Gamepass version will be releasing simultaneously on August 26th, 2021.
Myst debuted in 1993 to critical and popular acclaim and went on to become the best-selling PC game of the 20th century.
Visit the starkly beautiful Myst island, eerily tinged with mystery and shrouded in intrigue. Explore the deeper connections and uncover a story of ruthless family betrayal.
Including new art, sound, interactions, and even optional puzzle randomization, the highly anticipated modern, definitive Myst experience has finally arrived on PC (2D/flatscreen), PC/VR, Mac, and Gamepass (Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Windows)!
Once more you can be a part of the surrealistic adventure that will become your world!
Details of this release:
- PC version (2D & support for additional VR hardware) MacOS (see store pages for System Requirements), and Gamepass (Xbox One, Xbox Series, and Windows)
- Myst will be released to additional platforms at a later date To Be Determined/Announced.
- Myst is fully redesigned and created from the ground up using Unreal Engine.
- Many puzzles were reimagined and engineered to include both enhanced accessibility and optional puzzle randomization for players who have played before!
- Myst will be available for $29.99 USD.
- Crossbuy will be enabled on the Oculus Store for Myst, so users who purchased the Quest Platform version will have access to the PC version on the desktop Oculus App, and vice-versa.
Store Page Links