From Press Release:
STOCKHOLM – OCTOBER 13, 2020 – Paradox Interactive and Triumph Studios today announced Star Kings, the third expansion to the hit 4X strategy game Age of Wonders: Planetfall. Embark on an epic journey to unite all races and finally bring unity to the shattered galaxy when Star Kings launches on November 10, 2020 for PC, XBox One, and PlayStation 4 for a suggested retail price of $19.99 / £15.49 / €19.99. Star Kings is the final expansion for the Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season Pass and will bring a new playable faction into the mix, an all new story campaign, and more! In addition to the launch of Star Kings on November 10, there will be a free update available for all Planetfall players adding tons of new content including the ability to build your own custom galactic empire.
Previous expansions gave us a glimpse into the past and present conflicts of the Star Union but Star Kings looks to the future and lets players mold the galaxy in their own image to plant the seeds of an empire that will last forever. New features coming with Star Kings include:
- New playable faction – The Oathbound: The Oathbound are a group of noble Paladins who pilot giant mechs and tear their foes apart with massive arc weapons imbued with lightning. The mythical Seers are the benevolent yet cunning leaders of the Oathbound that support their Paladin brethren in battle through their ability to see into the future from their connection with a mysterious computer system.
- New story campaign: Lead a courageous Paladin of the Oathbound on a mission to save all of mankind through the use of the mythical Grail Configuration. The journey leads players across the galaxy to the fabled planet of Union Prime where the Star Union was born and secrets long forgotten come to light.
- Grail Configurations: Powerful new landmark structures earned through multi-stage quests. These mysterious structures were created by an extinct race of crystal entities and are used for powerful long term bonuses that are integral in forging the biggest empires possible.
- Wildlife additions: Three new wildlife groups are joining the fray. The Psionica, vampire-like rock creatures that feed on psychic energy; the Apostates, former Oathbound that have given up their vows to embrace chaos; and the Mycelians, sentient mushrooms that have taken control of farming equipment to become cyborgs.
The benevolence of the Oathbound extends to all Planetfall players! Alongside the launch of Star Kings, a free patch will be added with new features that everyone can enjoy. Key features coming with the patch include:
- Galactic Empire: Customize your own empire by conquering worlds with progress that carries over between play sessions. Combine technology from various races and carry over heroes between planets as you lay the foundation of an eternal empire!
- New worlds to conquer: New worlds to wage war on! Each world will have different traits and bonus objectives adding a ton of gameplay variety and extra challenges as you take over new planets to expand a growing empire.
- Tech requisition: Develop new strategies by adopting and combining secret tech from various Planetfall races. Wild combinations and unique tactics can be created that change up the battlefield in crazy new ways.
- Residential Sectors: Create Super Colonies by building beyond the city sector limit and use a variety of racial upgrades to maximize economic variety.
- Endless Research: Each tech tree now contains a ‘Future Tech’ skill that can be researched an unlimited number of times. Future Tech provides a random stacking bonus every time it is upgraded encouraging you to keep on researching forever!
The galaxy will be yours to command on November 10 when Star Kings officially launches! To immediately jump into all content that Planetfall has to offer and to get access to Star Kings the moment it goes live, the Season Pass is available for purchase on the Paradox Store.
For more information about Age of Wonders: Planetfall, please visit: www.aow-planetfall.com.