From Press Release:
London, United Kingdom – October 28, 2020 – Having first turned heads with intriguing gameplay during Microsoft’s Xbox showcase back in May, Curve Digital can today announce that multiplayer action-RPG The Ascent will launch on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, and PC in 2021.
To celebrate the launch news, developer Neon Giant has put together a short video to showcase an update on development and illustrate a variety of features coming to The Ascent when it launches next year.
Developed by Neon Giant and published by Curve Digital, The Ascent will be playable with Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC at launch and target 60 fps and full 4K support on the Xbox Series X, offering amazing gameplay performance for the new generation of console players.
The Ascent will see players dive into ‘The Ascent Group’ arcology, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. Taking on the role of an indentured worker, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the empty space. Players will have to take up arms and hold them off. The Ascent begins here.
“Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch,” says Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant.
The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
The Ascent will feature:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
The Ascent will launch on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC in 2021.