From Press Release:
KARLSRUHE, GERMANY (November 3, 2021) — After a stream of consistent weekly updates, including new raid difficulties and seasonal events, Swords of Legends Online—the stunning AAA massively multiplayer role-playing game—is about to receive its first major content drop with the release of the Update 1.1: The Forbidden Court! From Gameforge, publisher of Swords of Legends Online in the West, with the help of developers Wangyuan Shengtang & Aurogon, The Forbidden Court contains a brand-new zone and accompanying questlines integral to the ongoing story, two new PvP modes, two new raids, and many more exciting new additions. The rollout of Update 1.1 will begin later this month.
“By listening to our players and working closely with WS, we have been able to consistently dish out new content in the form of new raids and harder difficulties in the weeks since its release earlier this year,” said Noemi Feller, Vice-President of Products at Gameforge. “Knowing that the SOLO community wants even more content at a faster pace, we continue to work with the devs on updated content plans, ensuring that players will have new ways to enjoy the game as quickly as possible. The Forbidden Court update is our latest demonstration of that, with much more already in the works for 2022.”
The Forbidden Court contains the first new story update since the launch of Swords of Legends Online. Chapter 10 of Swords of Legends Online will take players to an all-new zone, the Floral Palace, packed with new quests and content, and a unique world boss to challenge. Seldom seen by outsiders, the Floral Palace is shrouded in mystery, protected by the spiritual power of the firestones. Surrounded by a dense, mountainous realm, its lush forests and tranquil rivers are teeming with flowers and spirits. Inside the palace lies a rich history, centered around the family who once called it home. The two masters of the Floral Palace, highly respected by those around them, each met with a terrible fate. But why? Players must discover the secrets that lie hidden within the halls of the Floral Palace and continue to unravel the larger tapestry that is Swords of Legends Online.
Battle in the Sands is one of the new PvP modes coming to Swords of Legends Online, and will be a part of The Forbidden Court update. 20 players compete across two-stage matches—the first stage being a five-minute free-for-all to unleash powerful forces, and the second being a ten-minute 10 vs 10 team battle. In the following weeks, the two new raids—Sparkwood Gardens and Forbidden Court in the Floral Palace—will be rolled out in different challenging difficulties.
Also New to Update 1.1:
- Memory Box: Replay old scenarios in the form of memory trials! Unlock this feature using Memory Fragments—the amount you spend will dictate the difficulty level—and challenge any dungeon you’ve already played through. The player who starts the challenge will be directly rewarded, while other participants will receive Cangying Pearls that can be traded for rewards later.
- Additional Features: Side quests will be fleshed out with more lore through new biographies, added furniture will give players more home customization options, and the Golden Sun Cage—a new mini-game—will add more fun and variety to the game. There will also be extensive adjustments to class balancing.
Based on the legends that inspired the multi-award-winning television series, several movies, novels, and a series of games including the recent MMORPG Gu Jian Qi Tan Online—which first launched in China in July of 2019—Swords of Legends Online introduces a fully remastered edition of the popular AAA saga to a whole new audience in Europe and the Americas, presented in glorious, high-definition visuals designed to take advantage of modern hardware.
- A Fantasy World Unlike Any Other: Inspired by the cultural myths and legends of ancient China, Swords of Legends Online features a vibrant tapestry of rich characters, fantastical settings, and a visual aesthetic that pays tribute to the lore that influenced the game—from historically accurate costumes down to the distinct flora and fauna of each region.
- Gods, Demons, and Brave Warriors: A fascinating tale of an ancient war between light and darkness only scratches the surface of an ongoing story that features powerful artifacts, epic battles, ferocious monsters, cults, brave warriors, and a quest to unlock the power of the Ancestral Sword!
- A Class for Every Playstyle: Whether you prefer the up close and personal melee warfare of the Berserker or the healing and support abilities of the Bard, with six initial classes, Swords of Legends Online allows you to play to your strengths and be an effective party member.
- Fast, Fluid Traversal: With such a vast amount of content available to explore, the ability to move quickly and gracefully across the map is vitally important. Characters in Swords of Legends Online can utilize sprinting and double-jumping in classic Wuxia style.
- Post-Raid Chill Zone: After a long day of battling demons for the fate of the world, players can retire to their home in the clouds, with fully customizable houses on their personal private islands in the sky! If you don’t feel like hosting, hop on a flying mount and explore a neighborhood filled with other players’ cozy abodes!
Swords of Legends Online is now available for Windows PC via the official Gameforge client, Steam, and Epic Games Store with text language support in English, French, and German, and English voiceovers. The game is available in three editions: $39.99 USD (€39.99), $59.99 USD (€59.99), and $99.99 USD (€99.99).
Keep up to date with the latest Swords of Legends Online news by following the game on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Twitch, and Discord, and by liking it on Facebook and the official Swords of Legends Online website.