From Press Release:
Ukiyo Publishing and Overhype Studios announced today that the acclaimed turn-based tactical RPG Battle Brothers will release on PlayStation and Xbox consoles on January 13th, 2022, for €27.99/$29.99/£22.99. The game will also be released along with all the expansion DLCs available on its native PC version, either as a separate purchase or bundled together for €58.99/$60.99/£50.99, with a 20% off release discount. Battle Brothers, a cult game universally praised for its deep tactical gameplay and its gritty low-fantasy world, comes to Sony and Microsoft consoles (PS4/PS5 and Xbox One/Series X) after being released on Nintendo Switch earlier this year.
Battle Brothers is a turn-based strategy RPG mix which has you leading a mercenary company in a gritty, low-power, medieval fantasy world. You decide where to go, whom to hire or to fight, what contracts to take and how to train and equip your men in a procedurally generated open world campaign. The game consists of a strategic worldmap and a tactical combat layer. On the worldmap you can freely travel in order to take contracts that earn you good coin, find places worth looting, enemies worth pursuing or towns to resupply and hire men at. This is also where you manage, level up and equip your Battle Brothers. Once you engage a hostile party the game will switch to a tactical map where the actual fighting takes place as detailed turn-based combat.
- Manage a medieval mercenary company in a procedurally generated open world
- Fight complex turn-based tactical battles with historical equipment and brutal injuries
- Permadeath. All characters that die in combat will stay dead – unless they return as the undead
- All characters come with their own background stories and traits
- Character development without a restrictive class-system. Gain XP in battle to level up your characters and acquire powerful perks
- Different weapons grant unique skills: split shields with axes, stun enemies with maces, form a spearwall with spears or crush armor with a warhammer
- Diverse enemy roster. All enemies have unique equipment, skills and AI behavior.
- A dynamic event system with atmospheric encounters and tough decisions outside of combat.
- Three late game crises – a war between noble houses, a greenskin invasion and an undead scourge –, plus one included in the DLC ‘Blazing Deserts’, add a looming threat
- Two full hours of orchestral soundtrack
- Three DLCs that add even more depth to the game: origins for your company, new enemies, locations, cities, contracts…