From Press Release:
FRISCO, Texas — August 16, 2022 — Norsfell’s hit survival action game Tribes of Midgard kicks off Season 3: Inferno Saga today. This new Season arrives for free on PlayStation consoles, Steam, and Epic Games Store, and Norsfell and Gearbox Publishing are proud to debut Tribes of Midgard on Xbox consoles in all regions and Nintendo Switch in North America. Nintendo fans in the remaining regions will be able to start their own Viking adventures on September 1. Watch the launch trailer Tribes of Midgard Season 3: Inferno Saga here and read the full patch notes here.
Surtr, Herald of Ragnarök and the ruler of Múspelheim, has begun his invasion of Midgard, in an effort to burn all of creation to the ground. It is up to you and your fellow Einherjar to put a stop to his fiery conquest. Season 3 introduces a wealth of other content, including new Enemies, new Weapons, Runes, a completely revamped Survival Mode providing a more relaxed but equally engaging experience and much more.
“Bigger and better than ever, Season 3 continues to bring our original take on Norse legend to millions of players across old and new platforms alike,” said Julian Maroda, Co-Founder and Creative Director of Norsfell. “We can’t wait for what the community achieves in our completely overhauled Survival Mode, since these changes were founded directly from their feedback. And we’re not done! As today’s launch brings Tribes of Midgard to Xbox and Switch, we’re excited to welcome these new communities into our tribe.”
Season 3 Features:
- Inferno Saga – Midgard is cranking up the heat with Season 3, introducing a burning Biome, scorching Ancient, and combustible Camps that bring the Inferno invasion to the Einherjar’s doorstep. To put a stop to Surtr and his blazing path of destruction, pay a not-so-friendly visit to his Outposts that have popped up all across Midgard. Once you defeat Surtr’s soldiers, you’ll be rewarded with Múspelite, a rare substance used to power the Gateway to the new Volcanic Spire biome. Vanquish his army, climb the Spire, and face the largest Ancient yet.
- Volcanic Spire – You’ll need the right gear to beat the heat; this fiery biome is cooking up a lot of perilous obstacles for you and your fellow Einherjar. Surtr’s territory is burning with dangerous creatures, hazards, and even rivers of lava. Pick up unique crafting Materials here to forge a flame resistant boost in power that will protect you from Surtr and his minions’ burning crusade.
- Revamped Survival Mode – Survival 2.0 is set in a world long before the Village surrounding the Seed of Yggdrasil came to be, and you’ll need all your survival skills to get by in Midgard’s harsh environment. Without Villagers, the powerful Viking warrior Eira Foot-Crushed (alongside everyone’s favorite felines Mániklo and Sóleyra) come to your aid to serve as your guides. Use the magical Allforge to build various Stations, each equipped with the ability to craft different items, like Weapons, Armor, Constructions, and more. Explore the world of Midgard, build your perfect Viking home, take on Enemies as you see fit and write your very own Viking legend with a new 90 Blessings skill tree!
- Construction 2.0 – Alongside the revamped Survival Mode comes a refined Construction system, where you can build your Viking home to your heart’s content. Everything in the Construction inventory is scaled down to fit in a 1x1x1 grid, which allows for a more detailed building experience. Additionally, new Construction pieces, including Walls, Pillars, Roofs, and Doors have been added to increase building flexibility and customization across all game modes.
- So Much More – The new Spear Weapon type gives Einherjar greater reach in their attacks and gives them more space to defend against Enemy attacks. Season 3 also introduces Fishing; craft a Fishing Rod and cast it into Mysterious Ripples in rivers and oceans to get all kinds of fish. Einherjar can now try out tons of new Blessings, Challenges and Runes, to shake things up in your Viking arsenal, on top of over 40 quality of life changes.
The standard edition of Tribes of Midgard is now available on the Microsoft Store, the Nintendo eShop, the PlayStation Store, Steam, and the Epic Games Store for $19.99 USD, and the Deluxe Edition, featuring exclusive Armor, Weapons and Pets, is available for $29.98 USD on Steam, and $29.99 USD on the PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Nintendo eShop, and Epic Games Store.
Tribes of Midgard is a co-op game with a unique blend of action, survival, and roguelite elements. Experience Norsfell’s creative vision of this bright and colorful world, and explore by land or sea to gather loot as you hack and slash through enemies. Your tribe’s might will be tested in two different game modes: a session-based Saga Mode and the recently overhauled Survival Mode. A variety of objectives, enemies, and areas of exploration offers endless-replayability and fun. For more information on the game, visit www.TribesofMidgard.com and follow us on Twitter and Discord.