From Press Release:
Kraków, Poland – February 20th, 2023 – As seen during the latest edition of IGN Fanfest, Bloober Team and Anshar Studios are excited to kick off 2023 by sharing an updated look at Layers of Fear and its upcoming release schedule. Get ready to experience a meticulously refined horror journey with what Bloober considers to be the ultimate Layers of Fear experience. Prepare to make peace with the unknown as you delve into the twisted and eerie stories of three obsession-driven artists in this first-person psychedelic horror game launching for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC in June 2023.
The series that defined narrative-focused first-person psychological horror is back to tell its last spine-chilling story with Layers of Fear (2023). The series’ crowning work is the definitive way to experience the critically acclaimed franchise as it features Layers of Fear and Layers of Fear 2, as well as all DLCs (including the new ‘The Final Note’ DLC that will give you a new perspective on the Layers of Fear storyline) and the never-before-told story of The Writer, which will tie everything together.
Layers of Fear (2023) was developed from the ground up using cutting-edge Unreal Engine 5 technology. The game will support Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and makes use of the Lumen system to offer the most immersive and visceral horror experience in the market. Arek Reikowski, the two-time nominee in the Best Soundtrack category of the Hollywood Music in Media Awards, and winner of the Digital Dragons Best Soundtrack award for The Medium, has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game. His hauntingly beautiful compositions—paired with the enhanced visual fidelity made possible by Unreal—will leave players sitting on the edge of their seats with chills shooting down their spines.
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat
Layers of Fear is being published by Bloober Team and co-developed by Bloober Team and Anshar Studios and will be available in June 2023. To be up to date with the latest, wishlist the game over on Steam and follow Bloober Team on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.