From Press Release:
STOCKHOLM – April 19, 2023 – Indie developer Jaw Drop Games and publisher Raw Fury are ready to hit play on a musical uprising! GUN JAM, the fast-paced, rhythm-action first-person shooter where you’ve gotta blast, dash and kick to the beat to survive, is out today on PC via Steam for $19.99, with a bonus 10% limited-time launch discount making it $17.99 until April 26. Groove out to action-packed firefights with unique beat-matching mechanics synced to a multi-genre original soundtrack – or import your favorite music and create your own custom beatmaps to play along to!
Inspired by classic retro shooters and arcade games, GUN JAM delivers over-the-top rhythm action featuring a variety of characters with distinct abilities and vibrant maps that sync to the music. Rack up high scores with an array of powerful weapons against hordes of challenging enemies and bosses, all set to a high-energy soundtrack running the gamut from EDM to heavy metal to trap, or whatever mix you import from your personal music library.
- Survive dazzling firefights synced to an original, multi-genre soundtrack of EDM, heavy metal, and trap.
- Import your favorite music and shoot to the beat of your own custom gameplay soundtracks! Use GUN JAM’s music importer* to create personalized beatmaps and play along to whatever tunes you like on any map.
- Master GUN JAM’s signature beat-pattern mechanic – shoot, dash, kick and rocket jump to the beat against waves of foes to claim the high score.
- Play as different characters, each with their own unique attributes and Overdrive ability.
- Dish out heavy damage with powerful weapons like the Railgun, Double-Barrel Shotgun, Rocket Launcher and Plasma Rifle.
- Take on hordes of challenging enemies and bosses featuring distinct attacks and behaviors.
GUN JAM VR, a deeply immersive spin on the core GUN JAM experience, is also available now on Meta Quest 2.
*GUN JAM supports MP3, WAV, FLAC and OGG files.
Warning: GUN JAM contains flashing images. If you experience epileptic seizures or blackouts when exposed to certain light patterns or flashing lights, please immediately stop playing and consult a doctor.