From Press Release:
BADGETOWN, SEPTEMBER 18, 2023 – Glumberland is hyped to announce that Ooblets is finally coming to Steam! If you’re new to Ooblets, it’s a cozy and weird farming, creature collection, RPG, life sim, dance-battler, deck-building card strategy, adventure, friendship… everything game with a lot of character and heart.
Ooblets first entered early access in 2020 on the Epic Games Store. It then graduated into 1.0 on EGS and Nintendo Switch in 2022, and continues to be regularly updated since. Ooblets will launch on Steam on October 5.
In October, the v1.3 Halloween Event Update will be launching, which:
- Gives Badgetown a huge spooky makeover.
Has costumed townsfolk.
Has an event-limited new ooblet.
Adds an awful lot of clothes/accessories/furniture/
decor items you can get from making potions.
Adds a new event collectable and interesting way to find it (consider a cross between licorice sticks and dowsing rods…).
AND brings back trick-or-treabie-ing along with the previous year’s Halloween collectables in case anyone missed them. (Also the Nullwhere riddles are back!)
The 2023 Halloween Event will run from Oct 1st through mid-November, but it may get extended depending on how festive everyone is feeling.
For returning early access players, there’s A LOT of new things that have been added through major content updates since the initial launch, like:
- v1.2 Spring Event update with petal collecting, craftable glimmyglobes, and a new ooblet.
- v1.1 Localization update bringing French, Spanish (LatAm), and German translations.
- v1.0 HUGE Launch update with added regions, ooblets, characters, over 200 new clothes/accessories, a world map, the Oobnet, dance battle rebalancing, inventory item stacking, and the completion of the overarching story content (and way more).
- v0.99 Player Shop update where players can run their own shop and sell things they’ve crafted The first Wintertime Event update.
- v0.9 “Secret Update” that added Pantsabear Hill, rollerskating, a new ooblet, and lots of other new content
- Plus so much more we can’t fit it all here!
On top of all that, Glumberland has another content update (v1.4) nearly completed that will bring vehicles your ooblets can ride around in, which will obviously be called oobmobiles. Driving permits will become available sometime before the end of the year.