The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack will be available for download starting Tuesday, August 7 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding a new crop of cars for Forza players to collect, drive, and customize. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the August Playseat Car Pack spotlights ten cars that deserve a spot in every “Forza 4” player’s garage—from luxury land yachts from a bygone era to prime examples of modern day sports car power. Sponsored by Playseat—the premier sim-seat design of choice for professional drivers and casual gamers alike—the August Playseat Car Pack brings a stellar lineup of automotive prestige that can only be found in “Forza Motorsport 4.”
The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack is available to download today on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding a new crop of cars for Forza players to collect, drive, and customize. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the July Car Pack features a variety of new and old vehicles—with cars like the 1952 Hudson Hornet mixing it up with the latest Mercedes-Benz performance machines like the 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG. It’s the kind of variety car fans can only find in “Forza Motorsport 4.”
“Forza Motorsport 4” fans will be able to drive one of the year’s most anticipated cars when the 2013 Viper Pack arrives as a free download today for “Forza Motorsport 4.” The pack is available now to download in the “Forza Motorsport 4” Marketplace and on Xbox LIVE.
The 2013 SRT Viper Pack includes a drivable version of the SRT Viper with exterior and cockpit views, which highlight the car’s powerful on-track performance. Additionally, Turn 10 Studios worked with SRT to craft a brand new Autovista experience that showcases the car’s incredible features and details the model’s production history. As with the rest of the cars in Autovista for “Forza Motorsport 4,” fans will be able to explore and interact with the car using only their hands with Kinect or with their Xbox 360 controller.
Officially unveiled at the 2012 New York International Auto Show, the 2013 SRT Viper is the latest in the long-standing Viper line of American supercars. Dodge began the Viper model line in 1992 with the first model known as the RT/10 Roadster and has made consistent improvement to the Viper line through 2010, when the last generation of the Dodge Viper model rolled off the assembly line.
Starting on October 23, 2012, fans will also be able to take the SRT Viper off the track in “Forza Horizon,” a new game that offers an immersive pick-up-and-play open-road racing experience and features the unrivaled realism, diversity and innovation that are hallmarks of the “Forza Motorsport” franchise.
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. and Microsoft Studios’ Turn 10 Studios today announced that 30 Porsche vehicles are now available for download as part of the Porsche Expansion Pack for Forza Motorsport 4.
Forza Motorsport 4 is the highest-rated racing game of this generation, available exclusively for the Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming console. The Porsche Expansion Pack will be offered for download through Xbox LIVE by customers who own the Forza Motorsport 4 game for 1600 Microsoft Points or, the equivalent of about $19.99.
“This is an excellent opportunity for Porsche to offer a virtual experience with our sports cars in a very fitting environment – on race tracks around the world,” said Andre Oosthuizen, Vice President of Marketing for Porsche Cars North America. “In many ways, best-selling gaming titles like Forza Motorsport 4 generate enthusiasm for products that often translate into a lifelong connection to the brand.”
“Turn 10 has been pleased and privileged to work with the fans of Forza within the Porsche organization,” said Mike Humphreys, director of business development at Turn 10 Studios. “We’re gratified about their enthusiasm for partnering with us to deliver their storied marque to the many fans of racing games, Porsche and Forza Motorsport 4.”
“The emotion and realism of Forza 4 creates so much of that same challenge and buzz I get out of putting a sportscar on the edge during my day job,” said Patrick Long, Porsche Motorsport Factory Driver. “It’s also an excellent way to learn the same tracks that we race in the American Le Mans Series (ALMS) and around the world. In addition, it is really cool to share the experience with our fans while at the same time driving one of my dream combinations of my favorite Porsche models on my favorite racetracks around the world.”
The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack will be available for download starting Tuesday, May 1 on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding a new crop of cars for Forza players to collect, drive, and customize. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the May Top Gear Car Pack has something for car fans of every stripe, from emblematic examples of 1970s American style and one of the fastest automobiles in the world; to one of the coolest off-road vehicles around and the world’s smallest production car. It’s a grab-bag of automotive excellence that can only be found in “Forza Motorsport 4.”
Turn 10 Studios today released a new video in the “The Making of ‘Forza Motorsport 4’” video documentary series, “The Making of ‘Forza Motorsport 4’: Physics, Pirelli and Performance”. The video spotlights the process of creating and perfecting the realistic car physics in “Forza Motorsport 4” for Xbox 360, as well as the relationship between Forza Motorsport and tire manufacturer Pirelli.
Coinciding with the unveiling of the 2013 Viper at the 2012 New York International Auto Show, Turn 10 Studios is announcing the upcoming availability of the 2013 SRT Viper as downloadable content in Forza Motorsport 4.
The Viper add-on pack will include a drivable version of the SRT Viper, which will highlight the car’s powerful on-track performance, as well as a crafted Autovista™ experience designed to highlight the car’s incredible features as well as its colorful production history. As with the rest of the cars in Forza Motorsport 4’s Autovista™ mode, fans will be able to explore and extensively interact with the car using either Kinect or their Xbox 360 controller.
The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack will be available for download starting Tuesday, April 3 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding a new crop of cars for Forza players to collect, drive, and customize. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the April Alpinestars Car Pack will feature ten amazing rides, including precision-tuned German race cars, rotary engine masterpieces, and classic late-50s American style, as well as a few surprises along the way.
The April Alpinestars Car Pack features the following 10 cars:
• 2011 Mercedes-Benz #35 Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 – Featuring a replica livery of a race-winning Mercedes from 40 years prior, the Black Falcon SLS AMG GT3 is itself no stranger to excellent track performance. The SLS’s distinctive gullwing doors are a welcome nod to classic Mercedes style, and the car’s deep carbon fiber splitter and low roofline keep it firmly planted in the present. With the GT3, Mercedes is poised for more racing success ahead.
• 2011 Aston Martin #009 Aston Martin Racing AMR One – Engineered to take advantage of the FIA’s emergency efficiency-focused regulations, the Aston Martin AMR One employs an in-line, 2-liter, 6-cylinder turbo that produces upwards of 540 hp.
• 2012 Jaguar XKR-S – The XKR-S is Jaguar’s first full production car to be a member of the elite 300 kmh (186 mph) club. It’s a strong road performer with a powerful engine and adaptive damping and stability control to keep the car stuck to the road. In all, the XKR-S is a potent mix of power, precision, and typical Jaguar beauty.
• 1995 BMW M5 – BMW’s M5 line has always represented a full-bodied combination of power and luxury and nowhere is that more evident than in the 1995 M5. The quick-revving, 3.8 liter, 24-valve straight-6 engine delivers north of 300 hp and the 6-speed transmission was one of the few available in the mid-1990s. One drive is all you’ll need to understand why so many BMW fans wish to lead the pack in this 4-door luxury sedan.
• 2011 Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S – The Quattroporte Sport GT S is the automotive equivalent to an Italian opera. The Ferrari-built engine provides a concert of throaty rumblings whose volume and tone can be controlled via a valve-controlled exhaust. But this car can do more than produce an aria of exhaust notes; the Sport GT S is adept in the corners and no slouch on the straightaways too.
• 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE – Innovation and affordability combine with this mid-80s rotary masterpiece from Mazda. The GSL-SE introduced the legendary 13B engine, the largest, most powerful RX-7 engine ever developed at the time. Combine that with a light frame and perfect weight distribution and you’ve got a serious performer on your hands.
• 1972 Mercedes-Benz 300 SEL 6.3 – A beautifully appointed luxury saloon, the 300 SEL 6.3 also features a big single overhead cam, pushing the car from 0-60 in just 6.5 seconds and making it the fastest sedan in the world at the time.
• 1959 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz Convertible — Named after the sophisticated French resort town patronized by the likes of Napoleon and Queen Victoria, the Biarritz convertible defined elegance and grace in the late automotive world of the 1950s. It also had at least one very famous owner: “The King” Elvis Presley, whose “Pink Cadillac” has inspired numerous songs and movies.
• 1997 Volvo 850 R – While the terms “sports” and “wagon” rarely come together, they fit nicely when describing the 850 R. It’s the perfect ride for hauling the kids, the dogs, and some groceries around, but it also sports a turbo-powered 5-cylinder engine that tops out north of 150 mph. You might not need all that power on your trip to the local hardware store but, in Forza 4, it will serve you well.
• 2012 Scion tC — Functional, sporty, safe, and well-equipped, sum up the 2012 Scion tC. For 2012, the body received a much more chiseled look and, as with all Scion’s, the list of dealer options is very long
Today Turn 10 Studios released a behind-the-scenes video giving fans an in-depth look at the process behind developing realistic cars for “Forza Motorsport 4,” the definitive racing experience across any platform. Showcasing how art imitates life, the production process calls for each car in “Forza Motorsport 4” to be meticulously photographed to capture every imaginable detail, from the rivets in engines to the design of interior fabrics. In addition, Turn 10 Studios gathers design data from a number of different sources, including manufacturers, automotive magazines, and partners like Pirelli, then conducts its own vehicle tests to ensure the design is authentic.
The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack will be available for download starting Tuesday, February 7 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, adding a new crop of incredible cars for Forza players to collect, drive, and explore.
If you love Hyundai and “Forza Motorsport 4,” today is your lucky day: Turn 10 just released a free Hyundai Veloster Bonus Pack, ready for download on Xbox LIVE! This game add-on for “Forza Motorsport 4” is brought to you by Hyundai and includes two drivable cars and an all-new Autovista™ experience:
The newest “Forza Motorsport 4” Car Pack, available for download starting Nov. 1 on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, features an eclectic mix of the world’s most stunning cars and is guaranteed to make you the envy of your Car Club. Available for 560 Microsoft Points, the pack offers some of the hottest new and classic cars from leading manufacturers, ranging from the iconic 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air to the 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, which sports as much style as it does speed.
To celebrate the launch of “Forza Motorsport 4,” more than 20 supercars, including four cars worth over $1 million each – a Bugatti Veyron, a carbon Pagani Zonda, a McLaren F1 and a Ferrari Enzo – gathered in a parking lot and assembled into a convoy, cruising past London’s most recognizable landmarks in an expression of car passion. The Stig from BBC’s “Top Gear” made a surprise appearance, overseeing the medley of rare vehicles.
Resembling the 80+ manufacturers available in “Forza Motorsport 4,” the parking lot featured a breathtaking collection of the greatest car brands in the world from Aston Martin to Koenigsegg. The vehicles were provided by the London Motor Museum, which estimates the total value of the 20 cars at over $12.8 million. The list includes:
“Forza Motorsport 4” is available now in a Standard Edition ($59.99 U.S. ERP) and Limited Collector’s Edition ($79.99 U.S. ERP) at retailers across North America. The Limited Collector’s Edition offers exclusive content, including the “American Muscle” Car Pack, “Launch Bonus” Car Pack and “VIP” Car Pack, other downloadable content and VIP membership status.
The release of “Forza Motorsport 4” today across North America ushers in a new dawn for racing games and automotive entertainment. Developed by Turn 10 Studios and published by Microsoft Studios exclusively for Xbox 360, “Forza Motorsport 4” has set a new industry standard in this latest installment to the acclaimed “Forza Motorsport” franchise, the highest rated racing franchise of this generation. Featuring stunning graphics, heart racing action and unrivaled gameplay, “Forza Motorsport 4” redefines the automotive experience. Igniting the automotive passion and spirit in gamers and car lovers around the globe, “Forza Motorsport 4” is one of 2011’s top rated games to date* and has been met with critical acclaim.
“Forza Motorsport 4” is available in a Standard Edition ($59.99 U.S. ERP) and Limited Collector’s Edition ($79.99 U.S. ERP) at retailers across North America. The Limited Collector’s Edition offers exclusive content, including the “American Muscle” Car Pack, “Launch Bonus” Car Pack and “VIP” Car Pack, other downloadable content and VIP membership status.
The limited quantity “Launch Bonus” Car Pack is available for fans who purchase either the Standard Edition or Limited Collector’s Edition early and includes five cars:
For the ultimate day one experience, fans can purchase the “American Muscle” Car Pack for 560 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE. The “American Muscle” Car Pack includes:
Delivering automotive action like never before, “Forza Motorsport 4” gameplay features include:
Free Trial with Xbox LIVE Demo: For those who want to test drive “Forza Motorsport 4” first, the Xbox LIVE demo is available to download for free from the Xbox LIVE Marketplace: http://marketplace.xbox.com/
Not releasing until October 11th (next week!) is Forza Motorsport 4 – but today you can get your hands on the demo (Gold Exclusive). The leaderboards are live and can track your times against friends and against the world. I imagine these demo servers will be up for a limited time, so don’t get too attached to your lap times over the next week as when you have the full version you’ll have to leave new times all over again.
Okay, who’s preordering?