From Press Release:
Whew! We’re finally able to officially announce (yay!) Counter-Strike 2, the largest technical leap forward in Counter-Strike’s history, will launch in Summer 2023, and is available in Limited Testing to some CS:GO players beginning today.
CS2 is a free upgrade to CS:GO, marking the start a new era of Counter-Strike on Valve’s Source 2 engine. The game’s full range of new features will be announced at launch, but during the limited testing period we’ll be evaluating a subset of those features to get it ready for the worldwide release.
Here’s some of what CS2 will mean for players:
- Upgraded and overhauled maps
- Game-changing dynamic smoke grenades
- Tick-rate-independent gameplay
- Redesigned visual effects and audio
- All of a player’s CS:GO items go with them to CS2
You’ll find more details (including videos we’ve created about some of the features!) on the official Counter-Strike 2 page.