From Press Release:
Counter-Strike 2, a free upgrade to CS:GO, has arrived.
CS2 marks the beginning of an exciting new chapter and the largest technical leap in Counter-Strike’s history. (Watch the official trailer.)
Built on the Source 2 engine, Counter-Strike 2 is modernized with realistic physically-based rendering, state of the art networking, and upgraded Community Workshop tools.
In addition to the classic objective-focused gameplay that Counter-Strike pioneered in 1999, Counter-Strike 2 features:
- All-new CS Ratings with the updated Premier mode
- Global and Regional leaderboards
- Upgraded and overhauled maps
- Game-changing dynamic smoke grenades
- Tick-rate-independent gameplay
- Redesigned visual effects and audio
- All items from CS:GO moving forward to CS2
The Counter-Strike community have been playing the CS2 Limited Test and providing feedback to help shape the game. And now, Counter-Strike 2 is ready for its debut.