“Ding, dong”, the door bell is ringing yet again this week and that only means one thing, an early review copy has arrived. It’s basically Christmas every Tuesday in this house. And in this industry there are restrictions, or embargoes as they’re called, that prevents anyone from talking about the game before release. They also come with deadlines. These deadlines require a fast turn around with not being able to enjoy the full extent of game until after the review is out. It didn’t use to be this way, but this how it has been through the last 4 years of being a game reviewer’s wife.
Rockstar announces the release date for the highly anticipated Heists for GTA Online, as well as an update to the release date of the PC version.
Identical to last year’s release on older consoles in terms of story, the simply titled Grand Theft Auto V is reworked to utilize the power of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Without so much as a “HD” or “Remastered” on the box, there’s nothing to suggest anything is different with this release. And for the most part that is true, as you’ll be replaying the same story, but in such a way that it won’t feel the same – especially when that is done from the first-person perspective.
Preview the Soundtrack on iTunes here http://www.rockstargames.com/V/music/soundtrack
The Music of Grand Theft Auto V – Volume 1: Original Music
The first volume of this compilation is a collection of brand new music from a wide array of artists including Wavves, Twin Shadow and Tyler, The Creator – along with The Chain Gang of 1974’s “Sleepwalking”, which was featured in the game’s Official Trailer.
1. Oh No – Welcome To Los Santos
2. BJ The Chicago Kid – Smokin’ and Ridin’ (feat. Freddie Gibbs & Problem)
3. Twin Shadow – Old Love / New Love
4. Neon Indian – Change Of Coast
5. Wavves – Nine Is God
6. Gangrene – Bassheads
7. Flying Lotus – Stonecutters
8. HEALTH – High Pressure Dave
9. OFF! – What’s Next?
10. Tyler, The Creator – Garbage
11. Nite Jewel – Nowhere To Go
12. A$AP Rocky – r – Cali
13. Age Of Consent – Colours
14. Marion Band$ – Hold Up (feat. Nipsey Hustle)
15. 100s – Life Of A Mack
16. Favored Nations – The Set Up
17. Yeasayer – Don’t Come Close
18. The Chain Gang Of 1974 – Sleepwalking
The Music of Grand Theft Auto V – Volume 2: The Score
Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, The Alchemist & Oh No, DJ Shadow
GTAV is the first entry in the series to feature a dynamic original score composed and engineered to be completely responsive to the player’s actions within both missions and open world gameplay. The score was composed in a one-time collaboration between a team of legendary producers and composers including vanguard German electronic band Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson (Red Dead Redemption, L.A. Noire) and renowned hip-hop producers The Alchemist and Oh No. For The Music of Grand Theft Auto V: Volume 2, the stems of the game’s interactive score are layered, mixed and arranged into an album of songs by acclaimed producer and DJ, DJ Shadow.
1. We Were Set Up
2. A Legitimate Business Man
3. A Haze Of Patriotic Fervor
4. Los Santos At Night
5. North Yankton Memories
6. The Grip
7. Mr. Trevor Philips
8. A Bit Of An Awkward Situation
9. No Happy Endings
10. His Mentor
11. (Sounds Kind Of) Fruity
12. Minor Turbulence
13. Chop The Dog
14. A Lonely Man
15. You Forget A Thousand Things
16. Impotent Rage/Am I Being Clear Now?
17. Fresh Meat
18. Therapy And Other Hobbies
19. Rich Man’s Plaything
20. The Agency Heist
21. Hillbilly Crank Dealers’ Blues
22. Welcome To Los Santos (Outro)
The Music of Grand Theft Auto V – Volume 3: The Soundtrack
The collection of music in GTAV is the biggest and most ambitious in the history of the series. Volume 3 features select songs from across the game’s unique in-game radio stations. Snippets from all 17 in-game radio stations are also now available for your listening pleasure on the Music page on the GTAV official site. Featuring tracks by Bootsy Collins, Flying Lotus, Bob Seger, Jai Paul, Toro y Moi, Waylon Jennings and more.
1. Flying Lotus – The Kill (feat. Niki Randa)
2. Lee “Scratch” Perry – I Am a Madman
3. Jai Paul – Jasmine (Demo)
4. George McCrae – I Get Lifted
5. Kausion – What You Wanna Do
6. Charlie Feathers – Can’t Hardly Stand It
7. Weirdos – Life of Crime
8. Mexican Institute of Sound – Es Toy
9. Joe Goddard – Gabriel (Soulwax Mix) [feat.Valentina]
10. Bootsy Collins – I’d Rather Be With You
11. Bob Seger – Hollywood Nights
12. Dan Croll – From Nowhere (Baardsen Remix)
13. Problem – Say That Then (feat. Glasses Malone)
14. Waylon Jennings – I Ain’t Living Long Like This
15. Yellowman – Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt
16. Simple Minds – All the Things She Said
17. Toro y Moi – Harm in Charge
18. Hot Snakes – This Mystic Decade
19. Cashmere Cat – Mirror Mau
Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.
In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.
Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Autogame world.
Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.