Today, Community Manager (of sorts) for Activision, Dan Amrich announced that he has departed Activision and the OneOfSwords brand he created, which Activision also owns.
Ubisoft announced that Far Cry 3 will be released on November 29 in EMEA and on December 4 in the U.S. Far Cry 3 will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Sony PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC.
In Far Cry 3, players step into the shoes of Jason Brody, a man alone at the edge of the world, stranded on a mysterious tropical island. In this savage paradise where lawlessness and violence are the only sure thing, players dictate how the story unfolds, from the battles they choose to fight to the allies or enemies they make along the way. As Jason Brody, players will slash, sneak, detonate and shoot their way across the island in a world that has lost all sense of right and wrong.
“We’re taking more time to create the best possible gameplay experience,” said Dan Hay, producer at Ubisoft. “Far Cry 3 is a huge offering and we want every element of this insane, action-packed adventure to be of the highest possible quality for the players.”
Along with the new release date for Far Cry 3, Ubisoft also is reaffirming its previously communicated financial guidance for 2012-13.
Just Dance 4: Will be released on October 2 in EMEA and October 9 in the U.S. Just Dance® 4 will be released on the Wii™ system from Nintendo, Microsoft Kinect™ for Xbox 360® and Sony PlayStation® Move for PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system. The game also will be released on the Wii UTM system from Nintendo during its launch window.
Rocksmith, now with new content that allows players to plug in and play with a bass guitar, will be released on September 27 in EMEA for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and the PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system. The Windows® PC version will be released in this region on October 18. In the U.S., all versions will be released on October 16 (The bass will be available for existing American Rocksmith™ owners to purchase as DLC on September 4.).
Ubisoft is happy to announce new DLC packs for Rocksmith. Each song will be available for individual purchase for $2.99 on the Playstation network or for 240 Microsoft points on Xbox Live.
Out now is Rock Hits 1, featuring songs:
– “Freebird” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
– “Bodysnatchers” by Radiohead
– “Tighten Up” by The Black Keys
Available on November 15 will be the Rock Hits 1970’s pack. Songs included in this pack will be:
– “Smoke On The Water” by Deep Purple
– “More Than A Feeling” by Boston
– “Jessica” by The Allman Brothers Band
Today, Ubisoft® announces that Rocksmith™ is now available at retail throughout North America. The bundle edition will include the game along with an Epiphone Les Paul Junior guitar and the Rocksmith™ Real Tone Cable™, a unique quarter-inch to USB cable that is the first of its kind. Developed exclusively for Rocksmith™, this revolutionary cable turns the guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through video game consoles for the first time. Now available and priced at $199.99, this bundle will provide a quality entry-level option for people that have always wanted to play and don’t own a guitar. Shipping alongside the bundle, the standard edition of the game which includes the Rocksmith™ Real Tone Cable™, is also available for $79.99. Rocksmith™ is rated “T” for Teen.
Rocksmith™ is the first and only video game where players can plug any real guitar with a standard quarter-inch input jack into an Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft or PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, and play through an in-depth library of music including everything from the latest hits to classic rock songs. Rocksmith™ features gameplay that automatically adjusts to the player’s skill level, and will engage experienced musicians as well as those who are picking up a guitar for the first time. Players will be able to choose from actual lead, rhythm, and combo guitar compositions, inspiring players to perform songs after the game is turned off.
The final track lists of songs included in Rocksmith™ are:
• Best Coast – When I’m With You
• Blur – Song 2
• Cream – Sunshine of Your Love
• Dan Auerbach – I Want Some More
• David Bowie – Rebel Rebel
• Eric Clapton – Run Back To You
• Franz Ferdinand – Take Me Out
• Incubus – I Miss You
• Interpol – Slow Hands
• Jarvis Cocker – Angela
• Jenny O. – Well OK Honey
• Kings Of Leon – Use Somebody
• Lenny Kravitz – Are You Gonna Go My Way
• Little Barrie – Surf Hell
• Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama
• Muse – Unnatural Selection
• Muse – Plug In Baby
• Nirvana – Breed
• Nirvana – In Bloom
• Pixies – Where Is My Mind?
• Queens Of The Stone Age – Go With The Flow
• Radiohead – High And Dry
• Rapscallions – California Brain
• Red Fang – Number Thirteen
• Red Hot Chilli Peppers – Higher Ground
• Sigur Ros – Gobbledigook
• Silversun Pickups – Panic Switch
• Soundgarden – Outshined
• Spoon – Me And The Bean
• Stone Temple Pilots – Vasoline
• Stone Temple Pilots – Between The Lines
• Taddy Porter – Mean Bitch
• The Animals – House Of The Rising Sun
• The Black Keys – Next Girl
• The Black Keys – I Got Mine
• The Boxer Rebellion – Step Out Of The Car
• The Cribs – We Share The Same Skies
• The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry
• The Dead Weather – I Can’t Hear You
• The Horrors – Do You Remember
• The Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction
• The Rolling Stones – Play With Fire
• The Rolling Stones – The Spider and The Fly
• The Strokes – Under Cover Of Darkness
• The White Stripes – Icky Thump
• The XX – Islands
• Titus Andronicus – A More Perfect Union
• Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers – Good Enough
• Velvet Revolver – Slither
• White Denim – Burnished
• Yellow Moon Band – Chimney